Visitor visa

Visitors and tourists and transit visas

You might come to Australia for holidays, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, to visit relatives, friends, to be a business visitor or for other short-term non-work things like medical treatment or medical consultations. Or you might just be passing through on your way to somewhere else. Whether you are visiting for less than 72 hours or planning on a stay of several years you must have a valid Australian visa.

This page provides a summary of the Visitors and tourists and transit visas as at March 2017. Australian immigration law is complex and it changes on a regular basis. Please contact us to confirm the requirements for a particular Visitors/tourists/transit visa to visit Australia for reasons listed above.

Visitor visa- Subclass 600
This temporary visa is for people travelling to Australia:

  • As a tourist;
  • For business visitor activities;
  • To see family;
  • On tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China;
  • Medical treatment (subclass 602) visa;
  • This temporary visa allows you to have medical treatment or medical consultations in Australia.

Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visa
This temporary visa allows you and your partner to live in Australia if you:

  • Are 55 years or older;
  • Have no dependents (other than a partner, if any);
  • Meet income requirements;
  • Are able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia.

New Zealand citizens and partners:

Special Category visa (subclass 444)
This is a temporary visa for New Zealand citizens and lets you stay and work in Australia as long as you remain a New Zealand citizen.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461)
This visa allows someone who is not a New Zealand citizen to live in Australia with a family member who is either a New Zealand citizen or holds a Special Category visa (subclass 444).

Transit visa (subclass 771)
This temporary visa lets you to make a short stopover in Australia:

  • Travel via Australia;
  • Enter and stay in Australia for up to 72 hours.

All fees are in Australian dollars and are for my professional immigration services only. Any disbursements or miscellaneous expenses incurred that are associated with the migration process (e.g. visa application charges, translation costs etc.) are not included.
For those who are interested, the range of average fees for professional services, charged by registered migration agents is available on MARA web site.

Please note these fees do not include visa application charges payable to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and cover only visa application related services.

In the case of selecting a Licensed Australian Migration Agent you are primarily guided by the question of cost of services, I will match or better any genuine offer made to you in writing by another migration agent, provided that it does not contradict the legislation of Australia.

Professional immigration services fees for Visitors and tourists and transit visas are varied depending on readiness of the documents and number of the applicants. On average: AUD$500.00

This page provides a summary information on 1st of February 2018. Australian immigration law is complex and it changes on a regular basis. If you have any additional questions or require further clarification, please, do not hesitate and contact me regarding this matter and, if appropriate, to arrange a mutually convenient time for an appointment.


Viktor Ovcharenko MARN 0964258

Reality Maker Viber +61435222300 Reality Maker Telegram +61435222300 +(61) 435222300 (GTM +10, working hours 08.00- 20.00)

contact us via e-mailSkype

reality-maker_linkedin reality-maker_twitter

Migration Agents Registration NumberMember of Migration Institute of Australia